Fried halloumi salad
- 20g pine nuts
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15g basil, leaves separated and stalks chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- Zest and juice 1⁄2 lemon
- 225g Asda 30% Less Fat Halloumi
- 225g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 170g bag Asda Bistro Salad
- 3tbsp Extra Special Balsamic Vinaigrette
Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan for 2-3 mins until golden. Set aside.
Heat 1tbsp rapeseed oil in the pan, add the red onion and garlic. Fry for 5 mins until softened.
Add the basil stalks to the pan with the chickpeas, sun-dried tomato purée and 100ml boiling water. Fry for 5 mins until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat, mix in the lemon zest and juice and season with black pepper. Transfer to a bowl then wipe the pan clean.
Cut the halloumi into 5mm slices and pat dry with kitchen roll. Add to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins on each side until golden.
Put the halloumi in a bowl with the pine nuts, basil leaves, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Add the salad leaves and toss. Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette to serve.