Fruit & nut bulgar wheat salad
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 300g Good & Balanced Bulgar Wheat
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 100g raisins (or sultanas)
- 50g peanuts
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 50g Lancashire cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 160g pack washed baby spinach leaves
Put the bulgar wheat in a bowl and pour over boiling water to just cover. Soak for 30 minutes, then drain off any excess water.
Put the wheat in a larger bowl. Add the chopped mint, raisins, peanuts, sunflower seeds, pomegranate seeds, and cheese. Gently mix together.
Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and cinnamon. Season to taste and add to the salad.
Just before serving, gently stir in the spinach. Garnish with mint leaves.