Gammon mac and cheese with crispy topping
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 reduced-salt veg stock cube, made up to 400ml
- 150ml Asda 50% Less Fat Fresh Soured Cream
- 120g Asda 30% Less Fat Mature British Cheese, grated
- 250g Asda Fresh Egg Macaroni
- 400g slow-cooked pulled gammon (reserved from Monday's slow-cooker gammon with parsnip and potato rosti)
- 40g Asda Garlic & Herb Oven Baked Croutons
- 260g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 sprigs thyme
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 3-4 mins, until starting to soften. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Put the parsnips and stock into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 12-15 mins until tender.
Remove from the heat and blitz with a handheld blender until smooth. Stir through the soured cream and about ⅔ of the grated cheese; season with black pepper. Mix in the cooked onions, the macaroni and gammon. Tip into a 20cm square baking dish.
Bash the croutons into rough crumbs and mix with the reserved grated cheese. Sprinkle over the pasta and bake for 20 mins or until bubbling.
6 Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender. Serve with the mac ’n’ cheese, garnished with the thyme.