- 3 pieces stem ginger in syrup, drained and cut into very small pieces
- 225g Asda Salted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 100g demerara sugar
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 75g golden syrup
- 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 level tsp ground ginger
- 325g Asda Porridge Oats
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a 22cm square shallow cake tin with baking paper.
Put the stem ginger in a large pan. Add the butter, both sugars, syrup, cinnamon and ground ginger. Heat gently, stirring with a wooden spoon until the butter's melted and the sugar is just starting to dissolve.
Off the heat, stir in the oats. Put in the tin and press lightly with the back of a spoon.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Mark into 25 squares while still warm, then leave in the tin until cold.