Gingerbread men skeletons
- 350g plain flour
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 level tsp ground ginger
- ½ level tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ level tsp mixed spice
- 125g butter, chilled
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Asda White Piping Icing, to decorate
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Sift the first five ingredients into a bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes and rub it into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar, golden syrup and egg to make a stiff dough.
Roll out on a floured surface to slightly thicker than a pound coin. Cut into gingerbread men and put on the trays.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, allow to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Pipe on the white icing to make faces and bones.