Gino D’Acampo’s mum’s spaghetti with clams
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes
- 3-4tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1kg frozen clams, defrosted and drained
- 100ml white wine
Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a separate frying pan. Throw in the garlic, chilli and parsley.
When the garlic starts to colour, add the clams and the wine (leave out the wine if cooking for kids). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 3 mins.
Mix the clams with the pasta, finish with a little more parsley and freshly ground black pepper.