Glazed chicken & vegetable roast
- 1.8kg pack Asda Butcher's Selection Chicken Selection Pack
- 4 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 level tbsp Asda Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 750g sweet potato (peeled weight), cut into large chunks
- 3 red peppers (or yellow peppers), de-seeded and quartered
- 3 large red onions, each cut into 6 wedges
- Salad leaves, to serve
Remove excess skin from the chicken, leaving enough to cover the tops and sides. Then make cuts in the fleshy parts.
Gently heat the redcurrant jelly until it starts to melt. Take off the heat and stir in the garlic, paprika, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, oregano and half the oil. Cool, then put in a freezer bag with the chicken and seal the bag. Toss to coat all the pieces. Refrigerate for at least an hour, turning the bag occasionally.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C/Gas 5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and divide between 2 roasting pans. Reserve the marinade.
Cook the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, then brush with the reserved marinade.
Put the sweet potatoes, peppers and onion wedges in another freezer bag with the remaining oil. Toss to coat, then add to the pans. Cook for another 45 minutes, brushing the chicken with the marinade halfway through. Serve with salad leaves.