Gluten-free fruity chicken curry with rice
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2tbsp Asda Mild Curry Powder*
- 240g Asda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 300g pack Butcher's Selection Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped and deseeded
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 mango, peeled, destoned and cubed
- 200ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 100g Asda Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- Coriander, to serve
- ½ cucumber, sliced, to serve
- 2 salad tomatoes, sliced, to serve
Heat 1tsp of the oil in a pan. Cook half the onion over a medium heat for 5 mins to soften. Add the garlic, ginger and carrots then cook for 2 mins. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 min.
Pour in 200ml water and bring to a simmer. Cook over a medium setting for 15 mins, then take the pan off the heat and blend until smooth.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Drain and keep warm.
Heat the rest of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the rest of the onion for 3 mins over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 mins, stirring often, until browned.
Add the red pepper, peas, mango and the blended curry sauce. Turn down the heat, then add the coconut milk – don’t allow the mixture to boil. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 10-15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat, then stir the natural yogurt into the sauce.
Divide the cooked rice between 6 plates and top with the curry. Serve with a sprinkling of the coriander, and a salad of the sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side.
*Asda Mild Curry Powder is gluten-free. If using a different brand, check the label carefully to ensure it is gluten-free.