Gluten-free plant-based brownies
- 4tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus extra to grease
- 200g NOMO Deliciously Dark Vegan & Free From Chocolate, chopped
- 2 x 400g tins Asda Black Beans in Water, drained, liquid from 1 tin reserved
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 80g cocoa powder
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Icing sugar, to dust (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Grease and line a 20cm square brownie tin.
Heat the coconut oil and chocolate in a small pan on low, stirring, until melted. Set aside to cool for 5 mins.
Meanwhile, put the beans and reserved liquid in a food processor with the vanilla, brown sugar, cocoa, bicarb and baking powder. Pulse until smooth; pour in the choc mixture and combine.
Pour into the tin; bake for 40-45 mins until a crust forms and the middle is set.
Cool in the tin then slice into 16. Dust with icing sugar, if using, to serve.