Gnocchi with sage, spinach and squash sauce
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp chopped fresh sage or 1tsp dried sage
- ½ reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 150ml with water
- 300g Frozen for Freshness Butternut Squash Chunks
- 500g Asda Italian Gnocchi
- 150g baby spinach
- 100g Asda Goat’s Cheese
- 20g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium setting, add the onion and fry for 5-6 mins until soft but not coloured.
Add the garlic and sage, and continue to fry for 1 min before adding the vegetable stock and butternut squash. Bring to the boil, cover and allow to simmer for 10 mins until the squash is soft and starting to fall apart.
Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before puréeing with a handheld blender. Return the pan to the heat and bring back to the boil.
Stir through the gnocchi and cook for 3 mins. Add the baby spinach and cook for a further 2 mins until just wilted. Crumble over the goat’s cheese, sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts and serve immediately.