Gooey Christmas pudding cookies
- 100g Extra Special Somerset Butter
- 150g Demerara sugar
- 2 small free-range eggs
- ½ tsp Extra Special Vanilla Extract
- 200g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g chopped walnuts
- 2 Extra Special clementines, zest of
- 250g Extra Special Mulled Port, Cherry & Orange Christmas Pudding
- 2 tbsp Chosen by you Maple Syrup
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Pre-heat oven to 180C/160CFan/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together. Beat in vanilla extract.
Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together. Add to butter mixture and blend well.
Stir in the nuts, zest, pudding and maple syrup. Mix well.
For each biscuit, drop 1 tbsp of mixture on the baking tray. Press to an even thickness with a fork dipped in flour, leaving a gap between biscuit.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until light, golden brown. Cool on a rack. Dust with icing sugar.