- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 ½ tbsp Asda Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli and Peppers
- 500g Asda Cubed Casserole Beef
- 1 beef stock cube, dissolved in 100ml hot water
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 6 tbsp reduced-fat soured cream
- Mashed potato, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Cook the onion in the oil until soft. Stir in 1 tbsp of the paprika and the caraway seeds, if using, then add the tomatoes and heat until simmering. Pour onto an ovenproof casserole dish. Add the beef and stock. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Add the peppers and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with a little cold water until smooth and stir into the casserole. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Add a spoonful of soured cream to each portion and sprinkle with the remaining paprika. Serve with mash.