Goulash soup with meatballs
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 500g lean minced beef steak
- 1 level tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 baking potato, cubed
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 level tsp smoked paprika
- 390g carton Asda Chosen by you Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli & Peppers
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
Mix the mince and parsley, and season well. Shape into 28 small meatballs. Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then brown the meatballs all over. Set aside.
Heat the rest of the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook until soft. Add the potato and pepper. Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the smoked paprika and cook for another minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, partially cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Purée the soup with a hand-held blender or processor. Bring to the boil in the pan. Add the meatballs and caraway seeds (if using), then simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes, before serving.