Greek-style salad with feta cheese
- 220g Extra Special Sweet Aromatico Tomatoes
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Baby Gem lettuces, cut into quarters
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100g Chosen by you Greek Feta, crumbled
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and cut into 1cm chunks
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 100g Extra Special Kalamata & Halkidiki Pitted Olives with Red Chilli & Garlic, drained (or any large pitted olives)
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 1cm strips
- 2tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp oregano
- A few basil leaves, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/ Gas 2. Put the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with 1tsp of oil, season with black pepper, roast for 20 mins then gently pull off the vine.
Meanwhile, drizzle the lettuces with a little oil. Heat a griddle or frying pan over a high heat then sear until the outer leaves are crisp and lightly charred. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
Mix the roasted tomatoes with the feta, cucumber, spring onion, olives and red pepper.
Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar and oregano, drizzle over the salad and top with the basil leaves. Serve with the grilled lettuce.