Greek salad pitta pockets
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice and zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp dried oregano
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Extra Special Halkidiki Green Olives Stuffed with Sun Dried Tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 100g Asda Greek Feta, crumbled
- Pack 4 Extra Special Olive Pittas
In a nonmetallic bowl, mix together the cucumber, red onion and lemon juice. Set aside to pickle for 20 mins.
Remove the cucumber and onion with a slotted spoon and set aside.
For the dressing, whisk the lemon zest, oregano, garlic and olive oil into the lemon juice. Season with a grind of black pepper.
For the Greek salad, mix the cucumber and onion pickle with the tomatoes, olives and mint. Gently stir through the feta.
Cut the olive pittas in half and fill with the salad. Drizzle a spoonful of the dressing into each pocket and serve 2 per person.