Green lentil, beetroot & goat’s cheese salad
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200g Great Scot Green Lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 300g pack Asda Long Life Cooked Beetroot, cut into discs/wedges
- 150g carrots, cut into thin ribbons with a veg peeler
- 150g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 110g bag Asda Tender Leaf Salad
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat 1 litre of water in a large saucepan and crumble in the stock cube. Add the lentils, bring back to the boil and boil for 10 minutes. Then, reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes until tender. Drain.
Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard. Mix with the green lentils and set aside to cool slightly.
Mix the beetroot and carrots into the lentils, and crumble over the goat’s cheese. Serve with salad leaves and bread.