Green lentils with vegetarian sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 Asda Frozen Meat-Free Lincolnshire sausages (or Apple and Rosemary Sausages)
- 2 x 400g cans Asda Green Lentils, drained and rinsed
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery, then cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook uncovered, for a few more minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock cube and sugar and cook until the sauce thickens.
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and cook the sausages until cooked through.
Add the lentils to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with the sausages.