Grilled halloumi & courgette salad
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp for cooking
- 1 tsp coarse-grain mustard
- 3 courgettes, topped, tailed and cut into long thin ribbons with a potato peeler
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 70g pack rocket
- 250g Asda Chosen by you Halloumi, drained
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and mustard, and season with the pepper. Set aside half the dressing. Add the courgette ribbons to the bowl, along with the spring onions and red chilli (if using), and toss to coat in the other half of the dressing. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Divide the salad between four serving plates, and add the tomatoes and rocket.
Cut the halloumi into eight slices and pat dry with kitchen paper. Brush with olive oil on both sides. Heat a dry, non-stick frying pan or griddle and cook the halloumi for 2 minutes on each side until tinged brown.
Arrange two slices of the halloumi on top of each salad, drizzle on the remaining dressing and serve at once.