Italian ham and pea arancini
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 Grower’s Selection Shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 200g Arborio rice
- 1 Oxo Reduced Salt Vegetable Stock Cube, dissolved in 700ml water
- 50g Frozen for Freshness Petits Pois
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated
- 3 slices Italian smoked prosciutto, finely chopped
- 50g Smart Price French Blue Cheese, rolled into £1 coin-sized balls (optional)
- 1L vegetable oil, for frying
- 30g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g Asda Plain Breadcrumbs
- 60g Grower’s Selection Wild Rocket
- 1tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic glaze
- 20g Parmesan shavings (optional)
Heat the rapeseed oil to a medium heat in a large pan. Sweat the shallots, covered, for 8 mins until soft. Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 2 mins.
Stir in the rice and gradually add the stock a little at a time, stirring continuously until the liquid has been absorbed – this should take about 15 mins. The rice is cooked when it is soft on the outside but has a slight bite in the centre.
Stir in the peas, Parmesan and prosciutto. Season with black pepper. Spread over a baking tray in a thin layer and leave to cool completely.
Wet your hands and roll a spoonful of the risotto around a ball of blue cheese, if using, or shape a spoonful of risotto into a ball; make 15 more.
Heat the vegetable oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan over a medium heat until a breadcrumb sizzles when dropped in. Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Dip the arancini in the flour, followed by the eggs, then the breadcrumbs.
Working in batches, put a few arancini on a slotted spoon, carefully lower into the hot oil and fry for 3-5 mins until golden. Drain on a baking tray lined with kitchen paper.
Toss the rocket in, the olive oil and balsamic glaze and divide between 8 plates.
Top each with 2 arancini balls and some Parmesan, if you like.