Ham Welsh rarebit
- 50g Asda Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 60ml skimmed milk
- 15g plain flour
- 1 level tsp Asda Dijon Mustard
- 2tbsp ale (or extra milk)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 slices bloomer loaf
- 2 slices Extra Special British Slow Cured Wiltshire Ham
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
Preheat the grill to a medium setting.
Mix the cheese with the milk and heat in a small pan, stirring, until melted.
Add the flour, mustard and ale or extra milk, then simmer for 2 mins until the mixture thickens to a paste. Allow to cool for 5 mins then stir in the egg yolk until smooth and combined.
Toast the slices of bread on one side. Top the untoasted sides with a slice of ham, dollop on the cheese mixture, then toast under the grill for 2 mins. Add the Worcestershire sauce and toast until the cheese is melted, bubbling and golden, then serve.