Hawaiian-style pork steaks with rainbow salsa and sweet potato ‘fries’
- 500g sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small pineapple, peel and core removed, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lime, plus extra to garnish
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, chopped
- 2 sachets boil in the bag long grain rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 480g pack Butcher’s Selection Pork Loin Steaks
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, quartered
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
On a large baking tray, toss the sweet potato in 1tbsp of the oil, 1tsp of the smoked paprika and a generous grind of black pepper. Roast for 35-40 mins, tossing halfway through, until soft and lightly golden.
Meanwhile, in a large, non-metallic bowl, mix together the pineapple, pepper, onion, lime juice and zest, and coriander, saving a little to garnish.
Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
In a bowl, mix the garlic with the remaining 1tbsp oil and 1tsp paprika until evenly combined. Add the pork and mix until thoroughly coated.
Heat a frying or griddle pan over a high setting until it just starts to smoke. Add the pork and cook for 3-4 mins on each side until charred and cooked through.
Serve the pork on a bed of rice with the lettuces, salsa and fries, plus extra lime to squeeze over.