Herb-roast leg of lamb with pistachio and mint gremolata
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2.3kg Butcher's Selection Lamb Leg (bone in)
- 3 cloves garlic, plus 1 extra bulb to serve
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 25g pack mint, leaves only
- 25g pack parsley
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 70g shelled pistachios
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1tbsp Asda Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra Special vegetable sides, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Put the lamb in a roasting dish and score with a knife, making cuts 1cm apart and 2cm deep.
Chop 2 cloves garlic and mix with the rosemary, thyme and butter. Spread over the lamb working it deep into the cuts. Put the dish on a baking tray and cover loosely with foil.
Cook for 25 mins per 500g, plus 25 mins for medium, or 30 mins per 500g, plus 30 mins for well done. Remove the foil halfway through cooking.
Add the bulb of garlic to the tray for the last 30 mins.
Meanwhile, to make the gremolata, blitz the remaining garlic clove with the mint, parsley, lemon zest and juice, pistachios, chilli (if using) and oil with 4tbsp water to make a coarse sauce. Set aside.
Transfer the lamb to a serving dish, spoon over the gremolata and cover with foil. Rest for 20 mins, then serve with the extra herbs, the roasted garlic bulb, and vegetable sides.