Herby chicken with sweet potato ‘fries’
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1tbsp thyme leaves
- Zest 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 Extra Special British Corn-Fed Norfolk Free Range Chicken Legs
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into 1cm fries
- 1tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 400g frozen peas
- 1tbsp Asda Mint Jelly
- 3tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
- Asda Garlic Mayonnaise, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
In a bowl, mix the garlic, parsley, thyme, zest and butter, then season with pepper. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken legs with your fingers and push some butter underneath. Rub the remaining butter over the chicken pieces. Roast on a baking tray for 40 mins until golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the sweet potato, rosemary, cornflour, garlic powder and oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Tip onto the lined baking tray in a single layer. Bake for 40 mins, turning once, until golden and crisp.
Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the peas for 4 mins or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add the mint jelly and crème fraîche; crush with a masher or handheld blender.
Drizzle any buttery herbs from the chicken baking tray over the chicken legs then serve with the ‘fries’, peas and garlic mayo on the side.