Honey & mustard chicken with glazed carrots
- 450g pack Asda Butcher’s Selection Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 250ml hot chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 1 level tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 1 level tbsp clear honey
- 100ml orange juice
- 350g carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 1 level tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- 350g cooked cabbage or spring greens, to serve
- Mashed potato, to serve
Cut the chicken breasts into 3cm pieces. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook half the chicken pieces until lightly browned all over. Transfer to a saucepan. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
Heat the rest of the olive oil in the frying pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden, stirring often. Add to the chicken.
Add the stock, mustard, honey and orange juice to the chicken and season with black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for another 10 minutes.
Stir the cornflour mixture into the chicken and allow it to simmer for 1 minute. Serve with cabbage or spring greens and mashed potato.