Hot dog & bean pies
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 300g new potatoes, cut into 3mm slices
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ x 700g bottle Asda Extra Special Smooth Passata (freeze the rest in a plastic container to use another day)
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 300g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Asda Brown Sauce
- 2 x 210g cans Asda Great Stuff Hot Dogs, drained and chopped
- 2 level tsp butter, melted
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the potato slices in a pan. Cover with boiling water and simmer for 4-5 minutes until partially cooked. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and stir in. add the beans, tomato ketchup, brown sauce and hot dogs, and heat through.
Put in individual greased ovenproof pie dishes. Top with the potato, overlapping the slices. Brush with melted butter and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.