Hot dogs with vegetable garden relish
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1tbsp Extra Special Cold- Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 1tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 large gherkin, diced
- Pinch celery salt
- 4 Extra Special Pork Chipolatas or Sausages, or Butcher’s Selection New York Style Hot Dogs
- 2tsp American style mustard
- 8 jalapeño pepper slices
Brush each bun with the rapeseed oil and sprinkle over the poppy seeds. Set aside.
For the relish, combine the shallot, tomato, gherkin and celery salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Preheat your grill or BBQ to a medium heat and cook the sausages for 10-12 mins until piping hot all the way through. Half-split and lightly toast the hot dog buns.
Place a sausage in each bun, squirt over some mustard, add a spoonful of the relish and top each with 2 jalapeño slices. Serve immediately.