Hot & sour chicken noodle soup
- 85g Asda Egg Noodles
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1-2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 75g pack Asda Extra Special Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 pack Asda Baby Corn and Sugar Snaps, sliced
- 750ml hot chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Asda Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
Cook the noodles to packet instructions and set aside.
Heat half the oil in a pan and gently fry the chicken. Remove and set aside. Add the rest of the oil to the pan and gently fry the ginger, chillies and spring onions, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan and add the corn and sugar snaps, stock and soy sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the noodles and vinegar, and heat.
Mix the cornflour with a little water until smooth, stir in and simmer for 2 minutes.