Alix Carey, otherwise known as My Kitchen Drawer, has been gracing our Instagram feed since her first book, Unicorn Cookbook, came out in 2017.
We asked her to whip up some tropical summer treats for our #BigSummerWeekend festival and she did not disappoint! Keep scrolling to find out how to make your own watermelon rice crispie lollies...
What you will need
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Snaps
- Green and Pink food colouring
- Chocolate chips
- Lolly sticks
Let's get baking
- Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. For the rind portion, melt 1 1/2 Tbsp butter in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add in 2.5 cups marshmallows, with the green food coloring, and cook just until marshmallows have melted, stirring the entire time.
- Remove from heat and add in 2 cups Rice Snaps, stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and let cool just slightly (so it’s not too hot to the touch). Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and spread and press mixture around outer edge to create a rind that is no more than 1-inch thick (don’t over-press so they stay nice and chewy!)
- Clean and dry saucepan then for the center portion melt 2 Tbsp butter in saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add 3.5 cups marshmallows and the pink food coloring (you can also use red). Cook and stir just until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 cups Rice Snaps.
- Pour into center of cake pan and once cool enough to handle spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and spread into an even layer.
- Let cool then sprinkle and press chocolate chips randomly over pink portion. Cut into wedges and pop in a lolly stick!