Indian-style lentil soup
Price: 37p per serving
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2tbsp Asda Korma Curry Paste
- 1 level tsp paprika
- 135g red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 390g carton Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Peppers
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- Chopped coriander, to serve
In a large pan, cook the onion in oil over a low heat for 8 mins, until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min, stirring. Add the curry paste and paprika; cook for a further 1 min.
Add the lentils, stock cube, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 800ml water and bring to the boil.
Cover the pan, simmer for 20-25 mins or until the lentils are soft. Serve with the chopped coriander.