- 350g plain flour
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 level tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 level tsp mixed spice
- 125g butter, chilled
- 175g light brown soft sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Asda Piping Icing, to decorate
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and all the spices into a bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Add the sugar, golden syrup and egg, then mix to form a stiff dough.
Roll out on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin. Cut out men shapes and arrange on the baking trays, allowing room for them to spread.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Draw on scars, casts and bandages with the icing.