Irish stew toastie with a tangy Guinness sauce
- 100ml Guinness
- 75g Asda Brown Sauce
- 1tsp cider vinegar
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15g Flora Light
- 4 slices thick-cut seeded bread
- 50g drained tinned new potatoes in water, sliced
- ½ small carrot, grated and drained on kitchen roll
- 30g Asda 30% Less Fat Mature British Cheese, grated
- 4 slices Asda Finely Sliced Pastrami
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and sliced
Put the Guinness, brown sauce, cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce in a pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 mins, stirring often, until the sauce is thick and glossy. Allow to cool.
Spread one side of each slice of bread with the Flora. Lay one slice, spread side down, on a chopping board. Add half the sliced potatoes, grated carrot, cheese, pastrami and spring onion, then top with half the Guinness sauce.
Top with the second slice of bread, spread side up.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another sandwich.
To toast, heat a large nonstick frying pan and dry-fry each sandwich individually, for 3 mins on each side, then serve.