Italian minestrone soup with crusty bread
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 100g frozen Scratch Cook Sliced Red Onion
- 1tbsp frozen Scratch Cook Chopped Garlic
- 2tbsp frozen Scratch Cook Italian Herb Mix
- 150g Asda Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 200g frozen Scratch Cook Casserole Root Veg Mix
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 reduced-salt vegetable stock cubes
- 100g dried spaghetti, broken into 2cm chunks
- 1 baguette, torn into chunks
- 20g Cheddar, grated
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, cover and sweat for 5 mins until soft. Uncover, add the garlic and fry for 2 mins until it releases its aroma.
Add the herb mix, mixed veg, root vegetables, chopped tomatoes and stock cubes to the pan with 600ml water. Bring to the boil then add the spaghetti.
Simmer for 20 mins until the veg is tender and the pasta is cooked through.
Divide between 4 bowls and top with the baguette chunks and a sprinkling of grated Cheddar.