Italian pasta soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, cubed
- 150g carrots, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 courgettes, topped, tailed and diced
- 390g carton Asda Chosen by you Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 125g Asda Chosen by you Conchiglie
- 2 x 290g cans Asda Chosen by you Cannellini Beans, drained
- 50g extra mature Cheddar, grated
- Bread, to serve
Put the onion, celery and carrot in a large pan. Add the oil and stir to coat all the vegetables. Place a cut-out circle of baking paper on top of the vegetables to cover. Put a lid on the pan and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
Add the courgettes, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, sugar and the stock cube and mix in 900ml water. Season with pepper and bring to the boil.
Add the conchiglie pasta and beans. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
Pour into warm bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and black pepper, and serve with bread.