Italian-style fish soup with rice
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 x 400g Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli
- 300g cod (or use another white fish)
- 2 x 300g cans Asda Cannellini Beans
- 600ml fish stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 190g pack Asda Raw Peeled King Prawns
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 75g Asda Long Grain Rice
- Chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
- Ciabatta bread, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large pan and gently fry the chopped red onion and celery over a low heat, for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Add the tomatoes, fish stock and dried oregano and heat until simmering.
Add the rice, heat until simmering, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Skin the cod (if needed) then cut into bite-size pieces. Add the cod to the pan with the king prawns and cannellini beans, then simmer for another 5 minutes or until the cod flakes easily and the prawns are pink.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with ciabatta bread.