Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 340g (12) Asda Butcher’s Selection beef meatballs
- 500g Asda diced vegetable soup mix
- 1L chicken stock made with 1 reduced salt chicken stock cube
- 1/2 tsp Asda dried mixed herbs
- 50g parmesan, very finely grated, reserving the rind
- 50g Asda ditali pasta
- 50g Asda cavolo nero, stem removed and chopped
- Ciabatta, to serve (optional)
Heat the rapeseed oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the meatballs in batches for 8 minutes until golden and almost cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the diced soup mix to the pan. Stir fry for 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft, but not coloured. Add the parmesan rind to the pan along with the chicken stock and dried herbs, and bring to the boil. Add the pasta, bring back to the boil, cover, reduce the heat, and allow to simmer for five minutes.
After 5 minutes, add the greens and meatballs to the pan, bring back to the boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for a further 5 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and the greens wilted.
Divide the soup between 4 bowls and finish with some of grated parmesan. Serve immediately, with the ciabatta if you’d like.