Jacket potatoes with cheat’s Boston baked beans
- 8 potatoes
- 2 x 260g packs of Asda Extra Special Unsmoked Gammon Steaks, rind and fat removed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans Asda Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 level tsp English Mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tbsp Asda Tomato Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Asda Brown Sauce
- 3 level tbsp brown sugar
- 3 x 300g cans Asda Haricot Beans, drained
Bake the potatoes in the oven at 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 for 45 minutes.
Cut the gammon steaks into 1cm cubes. Put in a pan with 500ml water, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, skimming off any scum. Drain the meat, reserving 4 tbsp of the cooking liquid.
Fry the onion in a little sunflower oil until soft. Add the reserved liquid, the gammon, tomatoes, beans, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sauce and brown sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring.
To serve, make a cut in each potato and spoon the beans over.