Jackfruit gyros with Greek salad
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 400g tin jackfruit, drained and rinsed, and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 225g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g green olives
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50g feta cheese
- 170g fat free Greek yogurt
- 10g mint, leaves finely chopped
- 4 Asda Plain Folded Flatbreads, toasted
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onion for 5-6mins until beginning to soften. Add the jackfruit, oregano, garlic and lemon juice and cook for 10-15 mins, until beginning to colour.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the cucumber, tomatoes and olives and add the lemon zest and olive oil. Season with black pepper and crumble over the feta. Set aside.
In a small bowl, stir the mint into the yogurt.
Fill the flatbreads with a couple of lettuce leaves and top with the jackfruit mixture. Drizzle with the minty yogurt and serve alongside the Greek salad.