Jalapeño sweetcorn fritters
- 326g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 small courgette, coarsely grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2tbsp jalapeños from a jar, drained and finely chopped
- 1tsp Asda Cajun Seasoning
- 80g plain flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tomatoes, finely sliced
- 85g pack Asda Watercress
- 15g coriander, finely chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 4tbsp reduced-fat soured cream
Mix together the sweetcorn, courgette, half the spring onions, half the jalapeños, the Cajun seasoning, flour and baking powder. Stir through the egg until evenly combined.
Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan. Fry tablespoonfuls of the batter for 3 mins on each side until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
For the salad, mix together the remaining spring onions and jalapeños, the tomatoes, watercress, coriander, lime zest and juice. Serve with the fritters topped with the soured cream and black pepper.