Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed and cut into thin wedges
- 5tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice 1 lime
- 1⁄4tsp Encona West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 2 x 250g packs Tilda Coconut Basmati Rice
- 430g pack mini chicken fillets
- 1tbsp Chosen by you Jerk Seasoning
- 220g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 227g can Chosen by you Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 2 Little Gem lettuces
- Lime wedges, to serve
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the sweet potato wedges and simmer for 5-6 mins until just starting to soften. Drain and set aside.
To make the dressing, put 2tbsp of the olive oil with the garlic, lime juice and hot pepper sauce (if using) in a bowl. Whisk together with a fork.
Cook the basmati rice according to the pack instructions. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and set aside to cool.
Put the chicken in another bowl with the jerk seasoning and 1tbsp of the olive oil. Toss to coat. In another bowl, toss the sweet potato with 1tbsp olive oil.
Brush the chicken fillets with 1tbsp olive oil. Cook on a hot griddle pan or in a frying pan for 4 mins on each side until cooked through and lightly charred. Set aside.
In the same pan, cook the sweet potato for 2-3 mins on each side until soft and lightly charred.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add to the rice with the sweet potato, kidney beans, thyme, red pepper, spring onions and pineapple. Pour over the dressing and toss together.
Arrange lettuce leaves on each plate and top with the chicken, sweet potato and rice salad. Serve straight away with lime wedges.