- 75g Asda Extra Special Chorizo Casero, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g basmati rice
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli and Peppers
- 750ml chicken stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Cook the chorizo in a heated pan for 3 minutes or until the fat runs out. Transfer to a plate, leaving any fat in the pan. Add the oil and chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned on all sides.
Add the onion, celery, pepper, garlic and chorizo and cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes, then chicken stock and the bay leaf and heat until simmering. Cover the pan, then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked.
Discard the bay leaf. Serve the jambalaya sprinkled with parsley.