James Martin’s chicken and mushroom pie
- Ready in: 45 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- Price: per serving
- 25ml rapeseed oil
- 1 x 560g Asda Butcher’s Selection chicken breast fillets, cut into 4
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 400g Grower’s Selection white mushrooms, halved
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 500ml full-fat milk
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 375g Asda ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, plus 1 egg, whisked for the egg wash
- Subject to availability
Preheat your oven to 200C/400F.
In a large frying pan, heat the oil and brown off the mushrooms, onions and chicken.
In a separate pan, add the butter and flour and cook out for 1 to 2 mins. Add the milk, whisking continuously - when bubbling add the chicken, onions and mushroom, coating thoroughly.
Pour into a large pie dish. Season, sprinkle over the parsley and cool. Brush the edges with egg wash and top with the pastry, crimping around the edges. Egg wash all over and bake at 200C for 30 mins until golden brown.