James Martin’s ultimate burger
- Ready in: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- Price: £1.20 per serving
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 x Asda Butcher’s Selection Burgers
- 4 x Asda Baker’s Selection Burger Buns or Brioche Buns (available in store)
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 Little Gem lettuce leaves
- 150g light brown sugar
- 220g cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g sultanas
- 125ml white wine vinegar
To make the relish, put the sugar in a nonstick pan with the sultanas and heat until it is a deep caramel colour. Add the cherry tomatoes, shallot, garlic and vinegar and stir together. Simmer for 8-10 mins until thickened.
Oil the burgers and put on a hot barbecue. Cook for 3 mins on each side.
Put each burger onto the bottom half of a toasted brioche bun, which you can pick up fresh from our in-store bakery and top with tomato, onion, lettuce and 2tsp of relish.
Experiment with toppings. James likes to add Mozzarella. Gherkins work well too!