James Martin’s slow cooked lamb with cabbage slaw
- Ready in: 480 mins
- Serves: 8
- Price: per serving
- 2 x 300g Butcher's Selection British Lamb Shoulder Fillets
- 1 tbsp Extra Special cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3tsp chipotle paste
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 tbsp Asda tomato purée
- 200g Asda tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 x 250g Extra Special Concentrated Beef Stock
- 4 brioche buns or 8 slices of sourdough bread
- Half a white cabbage
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 25g crisp fried onions
Heat the frying pan and add the oil to heat through. Add the lamb fillets to the pan and seal the meat on all sides.
Add the diced onions, diced garlic, bay leaves, chipotle and harissa paste to the slow cooker along with the meat.
Add the tomato puree, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, stock and rosemary
Cook in the slow cooker for 8 hours.
To make the cabbage slaw, cut the cabbage in half and finely slice. Season with the lime juice and add the extra virgin olive oil and chopped coriander.
Slice and toast the brioche buns
Take the lamb from the slow cooker and shred the meat in a bowl using two forks.
Once shredded, return the lamb to the slow cooker and combine with the remaining sauce.
Serve the meat on the brioche buns and spoon over the sauce.
Top the buns with the cabbage slaw and crisp fried onions.