Jerk gammon cooked in ginger ale
- 1.4-1.8kg Butcher's Selection Unsmoked Gammon Joint (minimum weight 1.4kg)
- 2.5L Chosen by you Ginger Ale
- 3 balls stem ginger, from a jar, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp syrup from the stem ginger jar
- 1 tbsp Chosen by you Jerk Seasoning
Preheat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Put the gammon in a casserole dish. Pour over the ginger ale to cover. Cook in the oven, with the lid on, for 2 hours.
Carefully remove the gammon and discard the ginger ale. Turn up the heat to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Mix together the ginger, syrup and jerk seasoning. Remove any skin from the meat. Brush the syrup mixture on to the fat.
Return the gammon to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the glaze is caramelised. Serve hot or cold.