- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp malt vinegar
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tsp dark brown sugar
- 1tsp ground allspice
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ Scotch bonnet chilli, or 1½ Grower's Selection Thin Chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 10g thyme sprigs, leaves only
- Zest and juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 2 x 240g packs Asda 2 Basa Fillets
Put the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, allspice, spring onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, thyme and lime zest and juice in a blender. Blitz to a coarse paste.
Brush the paste over both sides of the basa fillets, then transfer to a baking tray. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
Preheat the barbecue or grill to medium.
Put the fillets into a fish basket or onto a greased double layer of kitchen foil. Barbecue for 2-3 mins on each side, or until just beginning to char. Or, grill, on the baking tray, for 2-3 mins on each side.
Serve with the lime wedges and pineapple salsa.