Ken Hom’s chicken casserole with orange
- 1½tbsp groundnut oil
- 1kg chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2tbsp black beans
- 1tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1tbsp finely chopped ginger
- Zest and juice 2 oranges (peel long, thin slices of zest, layer on top of each other and use a sharp knife to cut into strips)
- 2tsp chilli bean sauce (such as Sharwood’s Szechuan Chilli Bean Cooking Sauce)
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- To Serve
- New potatoes
- Fresh coriander
Heat a heavy casserole until it is hot, then add the oil. Quickly brown the chicken on both sides.
Push the chicken to the side of the casserole and add the black beans, garlic, ginger and the orange zest strips. Stir for 30 secs.
Add no more than 150ml of the orange juice, the chilli bean sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
Cover the casserole tightly and cook for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with the remaining zest and serve immediately with the new potatoes with fresh coriander.