Lamb & couscous pilaf
- 300g pack Smart Price Diced Lamb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Chosen by you Harissa Paste
- 200g frozen peas
- 300ml hot stock, made with 1 Chosen by you Vegetable Stock Cube
- 225g Chosen by you Couscous
- 50g Chosen by you Pitted Dried Dates, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Cut the lamb into 1cm pieces, removing any fat. Heat the oil in a non-stick lidded frying pan. Stir fry the lamb and onion until the lamb is cooked through and the onion is soft.
Add the tomatoes and cook until just soft. Stir in the harissa paste and cook for another minute.
Add the peas and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring to mix in the juices at the bottom of the pan. Add the couscous, dates and chickpeas. Bring to the boil. Cover the pan, remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Fluff up with a fork. Serve.