Lamb kebabs with mint pesto
- 500g new potatoes, halved if large
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- Juice and zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 300g Butcher's Selection Lamb Leg Steaks, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 25g mint leaves, picked and chopped, plus extra to serve
- 75g baby spinach
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- You will also need 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
Put the potatoes in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Cook for 25 minutes until soft, then drain well.
Meanwhile, mix half the oil, 1tsp of the lemon juice, 1tsp of the lemon zest and the oregano in a bowl. Add the lamb, courgettes and onions and cover. Leave in the fridge to marinate.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put the potatoes on a baking tray and crush using a fork. Drizzle with the remaining oil and roast for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by blending the garlic, chopped mint, spinach, olive oil and remaining lemon juice in a processor. Season with a grind of black pepper.
Preheat the grill to high.
Thread alternate pieces of lamb, courgette and onion onto the skewers. Grill for 15-25 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked.
Spoon the pesto over the kebabs and serve with the crushed potatoes.