Lamb & lentil stew
- 1 tbsp oil
- 550g lean lamb, trimmed and diced
- 1 level tbsp flour
- 600g pack Asda Fresh Tastes Casserole Vegetables
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 1 lamb stock cube (or beef stock cube)
- 125g Asda Dried Green Lentils
- 350g mashed potatoes, to serve
Heat the oil In a pan and cook the lamb in batches until brown on all sides. Transfer to a large pan and stir in the flour.
Cut any large pieces of veg in half. Add to the large pan with the tomatoes.
Dissolve the stock cube in 400ml hot water and pour in. Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little extra water if it starts to get too dry.
Meanwhile, rinse the lentils in a sieve under cold running water. Put in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Drain and add to the lamb stew for the last 35 minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes.