Lamb & orange tagine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh root ginger
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1½ level tsp ground coriander
- ½ level tsp ground turmeric
- 500g Asda Leaner Cuts Diced Lamb
- 2 oranges
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeds and fibres removed, and cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cous cous, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the red onion over a low heat until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the ground coriander and turmeric and 2 tbsp water. Stir over a medium heat for 1 minute.
Add the lamb and stir to coat all the pieces. Pour in 400ml cold water and heat until simmering.
Transfer the lamb and cooking liquid to a casserole dish. Peel 2 long strips of orange zest and tuck into the casserole with the cinnamon stick. Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Stir in the butternut squash and carrots, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water and stir in. Peel, halve and slice the oranges. Add to the casserole, along with the nuts and parsley. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with cous cous.